What is Teaser Tuesday?
Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
- Grab your current read.
- Open to a random page.
- Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page * BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
- Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
A Book Teaser of The Psychology of Twilight:
Synopsis: (Taken from Amazon.com)
You’ve read the books. You’ve seen the films. Now get inside the heads of your favorite Twilight characters (just like Edward can!) in The Psychology of Twilight.
Explore the minds and motives of Bella, Edward, Jacob, and more with a deeper look at the series that’s captured the hearts—and psyches—of millions. Find out:
• How Edward and Jacob match up in an evolutionary psychology smackdown for Bella’s—and our—affection
• Whether Bella’s motorcycle-riding and cliff diving in New Moon are suicidal—or her salvation
• Why vampires and werewolves aren’t so different after all (at least psychologically)
• The emotional appeal of love stories like Bella and Edward’s
• Why being a part of Twilight fandom is good for your psychological health
Snuggle up on the closest chaise, and get ready to revisit the Twilight Saga—with some professional help.
We suspect that Bella’s attraction to Edward may be driven, in part, by a pheromone emitted by vampires that encourages humans to feel excitement and attraction, making them easier prey. What a sneaky adaptation! – Pg. 7 (Advanced Reader’s Copy)